Thursday, April 20, 2006

How we met Part II

Well, since we can't really remember the exact place at Ottawa U. Let's just go to more recent history, where our relationship developed.

After a few years at UofO, I realised that I didn't need the Monkey security blanket anymore. So, I started hanging out with his group (my friends too) without him. =)
Yup, Deli even got a pick up hockey playing group organised for games on Sundays. And well since MikeO (Mean Mr. Monkey) was busy with his girlfriend (now wife), he started not showing up. So I went, and Jeff went. Sometimes we even shared rides, and realised we had some other stuff in common (like Music, Dancing, hanging out with friends, Guitar, etc.).

So through hockey, I started being able to call these FBML guys my friends. Meaning I could phone them up, etc., hang out etc. So it begins...

SALSA
yup, a bunch of us (bigman (sorta), AlphaRocker, Jeff, me, and Jummy) went to Salsa dance one day, and Loved it! It was awesome. This is also when I first started realising that Jeff was infact a guy - and a rather attractive and cute one too! Incidently, this also happened to be around the time he and his ex broke up (and I had already been enjoying singlehood for almost a year). So anyway, we all made a pact to got for 30 weeks.

Strangely enough, this actually worked for a few months - but then some people (uh hummjummy) started chickening out. It was a lot of fun though! And Jeff and I ended up being Salsa Partners most of the time. So the group would talk and hang out at least every Friday. Between Jeff and I going to that, and hockey, we became closer friends. Until one day, it was Jummy & Toonses Brithdays. So on the drive from one to the other (one hour), we got to talking, and from there our dating relationship unfolded.

So it was at the bonfire and fly infested love shack, where we celebrated Toonses birthday, that we got to officially start our relationship. Mystery case closed.



Okay Bigman, I've added a Salsa photo with you ;)




Salsa makes us Sleepy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Aaaah, my birthday!

I think we should try and re-create that party for yor anniversary, which is coming up since my birthday is coming up!

I's a great story!

Toonses

April 21, 2006  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Hahaha

Awesome- sounds liek the plan. Hopefully the boyz don't burn down the Love Shack with the barn.
haha

April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that's how it happened. It's a nice story. :)

April 21, 2006  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Thanks!

It's cute! =)

April 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAHhhh i'm still glad you two hooked up! Yah it is really cute :)

I think we should too!!! Excuse for a party!! I'M IN!

Allison

April 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Why do I get a "sortof" tag here? :) I went to Salsa a few times, but you guys were sending me to the poor house! At any rate, this "how we met story" doesn't make any sense to me at all. However, I have some photographic evidence that I figure I should share.

http://www.somaradio.da/~dbaker/loveshack/loveshack.jpg

And don't worry, the loveshack is a long ways away from the barn fire and well... the loveshack is flame retardent.

April 24, 2006  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

hahaha

Who said that women are supposed to make sense? lol

The sortof tag is well because, you are the excuse master when it comes to Salsa. See....

Would you like to go to Salsa on Friday night?

April 26, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

BIGMAN!!!

I was just going to point them in the direction of that photo!!

Put it up, Put it up!!

Toonses

April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home