Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another update (I'm not sure what number I am at now) =)

Well yesterday, Allison came by to take me dress shopping. For both the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. She's so cute, she brought a list of stores to visit. We were headed to one in Stittsville, but stumbled accross another one and went in for a visit. Wow!

Yup, the dresses were beautiful! Allison and I each picked a few out, and headed to the dressing palace, err I mean room. It was huge! Anyway I tried on the dresses, and the first one I tried on, looked amazing! Wow - it looked beautiful. The train was a little longer than I expected though, but it looked amazing. So we practised dancing in our dresses (She tried one a great bridesmaid's dress too.), it was a lot of fun. The second dress looked pretty good too, it had a hint of lilac in it - and I loved that. (It's still one of the colors I am considering) The third dress I tried on was just hilarious - definately not for me. All in all, bridal dress shopping was about ten times more fun than I anticipated. One thing is for certain, "banana" is out. ;)

We then headed to another store in Stittsville, when we got there, I told the saleslady about the two designers I really liked after my online search. We browsed through a couple, and then she lead me to the "Perfect Dress". It was amazing trying it on, and Allison was super excited when she saw it too. It had the exact features I had described for what I was looking for, plus an extra one (which I haven't decided yet if it makes the dress better or not). I'll have to check it out again, when the store isn't closing. Two bonus's though - 1 - it's cheaper than the other dresses, AND they give the bridesmaids a 14% discount (no matter how many bridesmaids there are), AND the bridesmaids dresses were a little (about 5-10%) cheaper than where I had bought mine last year. =)

It was a great outing! Much better than what I anticipated. Did you know that you have to order the wedding dresses more than 6 months in advance?

Cheers,
Nora

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that Allison got all maid of honour-y on you! That is so awesome that you two were able to go dress shopping and find dresses you liked! Do you think you've found The Dress or are there more shopping in your future?

It sounds like you're enjoying this and I'm glad to read that.

August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nora,
I really had a blast on Saturday. It really was a great day and Nora really did look beautiful in the first dress and the last.
I almost started crying at the "perfect dress" as she looked sooo beautiful.
Looking forward to going again.
Oh yah and Pablo has a rule not to talk about bridesmaids colours...lol. Oh well so I got a little excited.
have a great day!

August 14, 2006  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious! Yeah, you were totally excited! Too bad you can't talk about the colors. Would he object to you singing about them?! ;) lol

The Perfect Dress is perfect except for one thing that I wasn't expecting, I'm still thinking if that one thing actually improves the dress or not. Since we didn't have much time to actually try it on (the store was closing/closed), I'll have to go try it on again - then I'll have it figured out. It very well could be The Dress . =)

August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home