Sunday, November 26, 2006

Funky Flowers and Getting organised

As you have probably read, finding a Photographer, a DJ, and a Florist are on the to do list over the next couple of months. The thing is... I'm not totally sure what I want yet for all of that. Well the reality really is, I'm not sure I can get what I want. It's actually easy though... I want a really good deal! Oh yeah this reminds me... hmm... well can you remind me to ask my uncle to take a video of wedding highlights? oh umm, and my friend Misiu is an excellent photographer and partyer, so maybe having him take some of the later reception shots would be great! (Actually he'd probably be better than any photographer since he actually knows us, but alas since he's a good partyer too, it might be tough to get some still camera shots, without him dancing. lol

The DJ is pretty standard, although it'll be tough to find one that can spin both Arabic and English songs, and have it seem like a smooth mix, but we'll see. Let me know if you have an good connections. Jeff and I are also considering making our own CD's.

The Florist, well the florist is a tough one. I mean here's where I probably can't totally get what I want. For centrepieces I've envisioned this great masterpiece somehow incorporating flowers and floating candles, but the design still remains to be figured out. So I'm not really sure how flowers are going to fit into the mix. I guess I should get crackin though - and figure this out soon. The best deign I can come up with incorporates it all, but I end up with small candles instead of a votive, but hey - that's not so shabby. Really I want to MAKE the centrepieces, yet somehow incorporate the traditional flowers. One place I want to check out for sure is anika arts and flowers.com .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nora!

Dave

November 28, 2006  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Hi Dave!

December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home