Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cool Tips

You know what's really neat?
Hearing about what people have learned from your wedding. It's actually really cool.
So one tip, that perhaps I didn't mention here, but is probably really good for any Bride (or Groom)... has to do with HELP. Another bride had helped me on the day of my wedding, and though I'm not in her wedding party, she's asked me to do the same for her. =) I'm so excited about it!

I had tried in my wedding speech to thank the people who really helped behind the scenes, these people were key in making the wedding go smoothly. The wedding party is great, but when it comes to the wedding day, it's really the other helpers that make it work. For example there were people who:

- picked up the flowers and delivered some to my house
- set up the centerpieces
- set up the arch
- set up the cake
- scattered flowers on the red carpet
- scattered flowers on the tables
- set up the screen, etc.
- set up the slide show
- drove back to my place to pick up my bouquet
- took pictures of us getting ready
- helped gather things for us to get ready
- got our lunch together
- brought some decorations from the ceremony to the reception
- set up the dessert table
- set up the favors
- set up the seating chart
- tipped the performers/service
-.....

One or two of these things were actually done by the groomsmen, but really it's the Mothers, brothers, spouses, spouses-to be, and friends who helped make the day go smoothly. Even if you have an event-planner that works on-site, you're going to really need other help. The wedding party is usually busy getting ready, and chillin with the Bride and Groom, the parents are busy being stressed, so it leaves the behind the scenes help that really makes the day go smoothly.

So one thing the bride should consider is getting "the date table" in on some wedding day action. =)

Wedding Party - check
Wedding Day help - check

Thanks to the new bride who inspired me to post this. =)


Cheers,
Nora

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the great mofo delurk (see my blog for details) so I'm here to comment.

I didn't even know you had a new entry up...you need to write more regularly, then I'd check more regularly ;) (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Joking!

Anyway, have a wonderful day!

October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home