Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stagette

Wow - time is sure going by quickly! I've been told that there are only 2 days to go?! I guess that's why things have been so crazy busy! Here's a tip for all you superwomen out there: don't try to plan a wedding, buy a house, work part-time, get a new full-time job, and do report cards, and a million other things AT the SAME time. It's exhausting, I think I'm now at the point where I am too tired to focus on anything, yet too edgey to sleep. I still have a report card comment thing to finish up, amongst the 6 other demands that are due tomorrow.

My maid of honour is being really cute trying to give me advice like "oh, you should do some yoga to destress, it helps me." =) I believe it, but really what I should do is find time to sleep. So advice telling me to relax, sleep, hang out, or do yoga, when I have too many things on the go ends up just bothering me.

Anyway, back to Friday last week (I remember the night, which is great considering, I can't usually remember that far back). The girls planned a surprise stagette for me. Though, I considered cancelling dinner (due to the insane demands on me), it actually ended up working well. =)

Allison came over to bring me to my friend Melissa's house. I "just thought that we were doing dinner", but we ended up staying there, and a few others came to join later on. =) We ate Tacos, hung out, played games, watched a movie, and chatted. It was great being able to catch up with everyone, and be away from the hecticness of wedding planning/moving/living with parents/new job/report cards/ mediating/ etc. It was evident that Melissa had put in lots of work for the night - which was made obvious by the food, and interesting door prizes. LOL hahaha, you'll have to let me know how those go. It wasn't the traditional Henna party - but it was great.

Thanks =),
Nora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home