Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bridal Shower surprise

Being a bride has its pluses, hidden amongst the chaos. Gee Gee Robinson, my retired Belly Dance instructor, threw a bridal shower for me on Friday. I wasn't really sure what to expect, as there aren't really many of us (Shen dancers) still around and available for get-togethers. Anyway, when I got there, I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while (likely since Christmas). It was great to see everyone, and getting together was fun. We didn't do much dancing, but we played some games, and even did some Henna. I got my name, and date (of wedding, and birthday), tattooed in a beautiful design on my foot. (Hopefully there will be a picture to follow)

Haha, I got a throne to sit in again, decorated in flowers, banners, and white ribbon. I also got punch and chocolates -mm mm good. (I think I'm on a weight gaining diet now, that the dress is too big)

All in all it was a very fun evening, with great company and lots of Egyptian tradition. =) Thanks everyone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got henna! and Egyptian tradition!

June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home