Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bridal Shower Fun

Yesterday I had my semi-surprise bridal shower. It was funtastic (TM)! =)
I kinda already new about the shower, but I didn't really know who would be there, the theme, decorations, or any of the details. So it was really neat to walk into a room full of friends and family showering you with their friendship, support, and love. Everyone was smiley, and happy to be there, and see me, it was awesome! =) I definately have some of the bestest friends and family ever!

The first thing I noticed was the, what seemed like 100, pairs of eyes looking at me with sparkling smiles, and anticipation. Though I had been to a quite a few showers before, I never really realised what it felt like to have one. I was welcomed with open arms, smiles, and lots of attention. The house was beautifully decorated, and you can tell that Allison, Jumoke, and Juli, (and some Moms) took the time to make the atmosphere just perfect. Funky decorations in my favorite colors, balloons, and everything. I even had my special throne, which was kind of awkward at first, but definately the best seat in the house.

It was so great to see everyone. I guess with the busy-ness of working part-time and full-time while taking a class, planning a wedding, and buying a house, ...; I haven't had as much time as I would like to hang out with my friends. So it was a really great chance to catch up with everyone. There were also a few newly-weds there, so I even managed to get some great tips and advice from them. =) In a couple of months Jeff and I will finally be able to have our own place, and entertain guests. It's really exciting! I've already found many excuses for summer parties, so hopefully after the wedding we'll be able to see you guys and gals more often.

I do have to say that though the food was yummy, and the games were fun, the gift-opening was pretty neat. My friends and family were very generous. I got worried when the first gift I opened up was a see-through baby doll with matching underwear. There were Flash backs of the first Egyptian wedding shower I went to where most gifts were from La Senza, La Vie en Rose, or even Couples; and had to be modelled. Luckily though, that didn't happen this time =). I was surprised to see many things from the gift registry (which was great!), and lots of personal gifts. It was really nice that people to the time to pick out things that are unique to us (outdoor camping stuff, my favorite colors, etc.). The gifts were all really great, and very useful. Jeff and I have a lot of items that we can use to begin our life together, and perfect for our new home. =)

Thanks to everyone for coming and making me feel really special, it truly felt like my day (and I didn't even have to plan anything for it). =) I really feel lucky to have such great friends. A special thank-you to my bridesmaids (Jumoke and Juli), and maid-of-honour (Allison), for taking the time to create such a great such a wonderful event for me. Jumoke, I love the Jeff & Nora magnets you made (I managed to snatch a couple). Juli it was so nice of you to come all the way up from burbs of Detroit, I already miss you. Allison, that was the best bridal shower I ever had ;) - seriously though it was awesome!


I feel blessed to have such great friends and family, thanks again!

Love,
Nora

P.S. Only 33 days to go?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I wish I could have been there! It sounds like it was great. If I had known I would have sent something too!

-Lyn

May 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAhh Nora my last comment didn't go through argh!
Aaahh I'm glad to you had a great time and we are blessed to have you as such a great friend!

Allison

May 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to give Allison (and her mom) the majority of the credit for the shower. They were awesome and they put a lot of thought and work into it!

I'm glad you liked the magnets, Nora :)

May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home