Monday, March 26, 2007

Wedding Whereabouts

While engaged, I think it's a great idea for the couple to crash a wedding together. Luckily, we were actually invited to this one - so no wedding crashing required. Jeff & I went to my cousin's wedding in Pennsylvania on the weekend. I had gone to one last year on my own, but this was the first time Jeff and I got to go to one while actually planning our wedding.

It was neat to be able to comment on the different things together - from the invitations, table placecards, music, centrepeices, attire, food, style, etc. Although I think our wedding style will be nothing like this one - it was still good to see different ideas, and realise what things actually impacted us.

Personally, I found out, that although Erica used my favorite flower for her bouquet, I couldn't handle that she had nothing else. It was just a bunch of the exact same flower, so apparently I need different sizes, fillers, and colours. The centrepieces were nice, but were kind of impractical. There were goldfish in the centrepieces, and because most people were from out of town, no one wanted to take the centrepeices home. So there are now 100 homeless goldfish. Luckily - Merlin our gold fish, made it safely back to Ottawa - oh yeah, I should go get him so fish food.

It was really neat having hors d'ouevres during the cocktail hour, definately made the conversations more relaxed - it was really nice, so it's time to look into it for our wedding. Oh and for those of you keeping count, there are 80 days to go! =)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have a goldfish now ? I knew someone else that did that and it worked :)
I couldn't imagine having 100 extra goldfish.

April 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I got a goldfish from Jason and Charlotte's wedding-a lovely betta-that I named Morrisburg.

I hope Merlin enjoys his new roomie, Nora :) (or did Jeff keep him?)

April 03, 2007  
Blogger Erika said...

I promise there were no homeless golfish! The unclaimed fish are all now happily swimming around in our friends' gigantic/lush pond in NC ;)

Well, except for the one that died while we were on our honeymoon...may yoko ono rest in peace.

May 23, 2007  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Awesome! That worked out really well then =) Merlin was a cutie.
And he even made it into Canada =)

May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home